Small Screen!Some content is hidden on small displays like yours. Please try rotating your device or using a larger screen to see more content.
Updated: February 1, 2021
In these terms:
- "APIs" means the application programming interfaces available at https://frc-api.firstinspires.org
- "API Documentation" means the documentation related to the APIs available at https://frc-api-docs.firstinspires.org/
- "Events Data" means FIRST Robotics Competition events data available at https://frc-api.firstinspires.org or https://frc-events.firstinspires.org
- "FIRST" means For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST), a New Hampshire nonprofit corporation.
- "You", "Your" and "User" refer to the individual or entity that accesses or uses the APIs, API Documentation, or Events Data.
After You register at https://frc-events.firstinspires.org/services/API You may use the APIs and API Documentation only to access and obtain copies of the Events Data for use of that Events Data as allowed below.
FIRST developed the APIs and is making the APIs and Events Data available primarily to students, mentors and other FIRST-community members to use as a tool to learn how to write programs to interact with the APIs and Events Data, performing analysis, and drawing conclusions from the Events Data. FIRST hopes that You will help FIRST further these goals by sharing what You learn.
FIRST may update and correct the Events Data. You should check for updates and corrections before redistributing or otherwise using any of the Events Data.
You may copy, analyze, and re-distribute the Events Data, provided You do not engage in any of the Prohibited Uses listed below and provided You include with any redistribution of any of the Events Data (other than a redistribution to other members of your FIRST Team) attribution to FIRST as Your source of the Events Data, as follows:
Display a button or link with the text "Event Data provided by FIRST" or "Event Data available free from FIRST" in a
conspicuous manner linking users to https://frc-events.firstinspires.org/services/API based on
your type of redistribution:
- Website/Mobile Website: On each page that contains Event Data
- Mobile Application (distributed via an "Application Store"): Either same as website, or alternately on an "About" or "Info" section of the App
- Non-electronic redistributions: Display the text of the link in a "Sources" or "Credits" section
You shall not do any of the following:
make any commercial use (i.e. use that generates revenue) of the APIs, API Documentation or Events Data. This means that You may not:
- sell the Events Data, or
- sell access to the Events Data, or
- include any of the Events Data in an any product or service that You sell, or
- make any of the Events Data available to any other person or entity for that other person or entity to sell access to, or include, any of the Events Data in any product or service that is sold;
- make any claim or imply that FIRST endorses Your use of the APIs, API Documentation or Events Data;
- make any misrepresentation regarding the Events Data or redistribute any of the Events Data together with any false statements about the Events Data;
- access or use the APIs, API Documentation or Events Data in violation of any law or regulation;
- access the APIs, API Documentation or Events Data in any manner that compromises FIRST's technical processes or security measures, poses a security vulnerability to users of the APIs, API Documentation or Events Data, or tests the vulnerability of FIRST's systems or networks;
- attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive source code, trade secrets, or know-how of the APIs, API Documentation or Events Data;
- attempt to use the APIs, API Documentation or Events Data in a manner that exceeds rate limits as defined in the API Documentation.
If You violate any of these Terms, then Your right to use the APIs, API Documentation and Events Data automatically terminates, and all further use of the APIs, API Documentation or Events Data by You is a breach of these Terms for which FIRST shall have all available legal and equitable remedies. FIRST's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Right to Terminate
FIRST may, at any time, terminate and discontinue allowing any use of the APIs, API Documentation, and/or Events Data, for any or all Users.
Retention of Rights
FIRST retains all copyrights and other rights in the APIs, API Documentation, and Events Data. You are granted a limited right to use the APIs, API Documentation, and Events Data only as stated in these Terms.
Right to Change
FIRST may, at any time, change any or all of the APIs, API Documentation, and Events Data.
FIRST makes no warranty regarding the APIs, API Documentation, or Events Data, all of which are made available "as is" and "with all faults".
No Duty to Support
FIRST has no duty to provide any support for the APIs, API Documentation, or Events Data or the Users thereof.
Disclaimer of Liability
FIRST shall have no liability to You or any other User of any of the APIs, API Documentation, or Events Data for any loss or damage resulting, or allegedly resulting, from the APIs, API Documentation, or Events Data or any use thereof. You irrevocably waive any and all rights to make any such claim.
Consent to Contact When registering You must provide accurate name and contact information and team affiliation, if applicable, and You agree to allow FIRST to contact You periodically regarding Your use of the APIs, API Documentation and Events Data with both service announcements (such as anticipated maintenance) as well as transactional announcements. Furthermore, periodically, FIRST may dispatch automated messages to Your registered email address requiring confirmation of its validity for continued access to the APIs.